Estimates For Extensions Renovations and even Small repairs require as much information as possible including Approx Area & Budget etc. James G Mulvenna
Estimates – Terms – Conditions
Normal Business Rates
Basic Day Rate
Half Day Rate
Basic Hourly Rate
Minor Roof Repairs
Emergency Call out rates
Call out Charge
Week Days £50.00 Weekend £75.00
Week Days £50.00 Weekend £75.00
1. Our Building Estimates (Not Roofing) are free to private home or commercial property owners.
Unless existing customers or otherwise agreed the following surveys are charged accordingly.
- Survey’s, Estimates & Advice relating to Surveyors home buyers reports on properties for sale.
- Specialist Diagnostic Property and Roof Surveys including damp & condensation.
- Third Party Estimates involving Lenders, NIHE, Housing Associations & Insurance Company’s.
All estimates are emailed as JPEG’s and are subject to the following conditions which form part of this offer which must be incorporated in any order or contract.
It is the Clients responsibility to provide clear unambiguous information in writing an/or preferably on a drawing describing the work to be carried out and included in our estimates. Our estimates will be the Company’s interpretation of The Client’s requirements and may not include all the work that The Client wishes to have undertaken.
Our free Estimates & Quotations unless otherwise stated will remain open for acceptance for a period of 3 Months from the emailed date, after this time, it may be revised/withdrawn, subject to availability of plant, labour and materials at the time of placing the order in writing. items of work not described in the estimate may not be included in the estimate cost.
Our Free Estimates & Quotations are based on normal conditions with the company being given unrestricted access during the hours of 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and any extra hours, which The Company elects to work (with The Client’s prior agreement) to facilitate The Company’s operations without interruption. All delays caused by matters causing delay or extra work which are outside The Company’s control, or requested by The Client, will be charged at The Company’s current hourly rate, These may include: Buried/Hidden Rock, Drains or other Obstructions and foundations deeper than 900mm.
2.The contract will be established when The Client gives a verbal or written order to proceed with the work
(A) If after seven days of placing an order The Client cancels the contract or any significant portion of the work ordered, then The Client shall be liable to pay The Company all direct costs plus a charge for disruption and loss of earnings.
(B) The Client has the right to cancel the contract within the period of 7 days from the date of the contract or signing of the contract, to exercise this right the client shall deliver or send (including electronic mail) written notice of cancellation. If The Client wishes the Company to carry out work where a price has not been agreed, or is of a provisional nature, then The Company shall charge according to time taken at agreed hourly rate plus a charge for materials and plant used.
3.The Client is responsible to The Company for gaining local authority and other statutory approvals to carry out the work and for ensuring the accuracy of any specification, design or drawings provided to The Company and for giving The Company any necessary information relating to the contract, allowing sufficient time for The Company to progress the contract works in accordance with its terms and as a continuous operation.
4. Every effort will be made to keep to the date given for commencement of the works but The Company accepts no liability in case of failure to do so.
If progress or completion of the contract works is delayed for any reason outside The Company’s control, then The Company may give notice and request a fair and reasonable extension of time for completing the work. The Client may then be liable to pay The Company for all additional costs resulting from the delay
Should The Client consider The Company to be responsible for delay, it shall be a condition precedent to the consideration of any claim made against The Company that written notice of the alleged delay be given to The Company within seven days of the delay having occurred.
5. Risk in the goods shall pass to The Client when the goods are delivered. The property in the goods shall remain with The Company until The Client pay all sums due to The Company, whether in respect of this contract or otherwise.
6.Terms of Payment: Our Invoices (and Estimates) are emailed as JPEG’s. On contracts less than £1,500.00 Invoices become due on completion of works. On contracts above this amount the Company will, at weekly intervals during the contract, prepare a weekly valuation and request interim payments from The Client until work is complete. These valuations will be based on an assessment of the total job value completed or part completed and will include the cost of any unfixed materials. The Client shall pay these valuations within 3 days of request by either CHAPS or Cash. If same day CHAPS payment is agreed the company will pay any cost. If The Client disagrees with The Company’s valuation account then The Client should pay the proportion, which is acceptable, giving valid reasons for the shortfall (preferably in writing). Deduction to The Company’s account may only be made if accompanied by a valid reason. The Client’s payment will signify that The Client has inspected the work and is happy that the work so far carried out is to The Client’s approval. Valuation of work must not exceed £1,500.00 without stage payment unless otherwise agreed in writing. In all jobs valued above £1,500.00 at least 50% of material cost must be covered by the client once material has been delivered on site unless otherwise agreed. On Roof or Chimney repairs a minimum of 20% of contract becomes due once Access Scaffold is in place unless otherwise greed.
Should The Client fail to settle any valuation by the due date other than for a valid reason then all other invoices become payable immediately by The Client and The Company shall be entitled to cease work and leave site. The Company shall also be entitled to charge interest at the rate of 2% per month from the due date to the date of settlement.
(B): Discount. If we offer Discount on competitive tender items, all items not included will be charged as extra’s at normal rates above. All items quoted via competitive tender which are later altered by the client will be charged at normal rates. Any discount may be deducted from the payment of our final valuation and may only be deducted if all valuations have been paid in full and in accordance with our “terms of payment” above.
7.Guarantees: The Company will exercise all proper care to ensure that the work is soundly and adequately constructed in the way and for the purpose for which The Client has requested and that when finished it complies with:
§ The requirements of Building Regulations (see also Item 3 above)
§ The requirements of the NHBC (if a new property)
§ CORGI gas regulations and NICEIC electrical regulations
As well as 12-month parts only guarantee The Company will rectify any defects in workmanship reported to them within 12 months of the work finishing.
Some products and services, such as double glazing and damp proofing work, may carry a longer guarantee (Please ask for details).
8 Free Issue Services: The Company requires the following to be freely available at all times:
§ Suitable access to carry out the work
§ Suitable storage for plant and materials
§ Supply of electricity and clean water
§ Use of washing and toilet facilities
9. Liabilities: The Client shall indemnify The Company against all claims, damages and costs arising out of the execution of the works unless such claims, damages and costs can be shown to be due to the negligence of The Company. It shall be a condition precedent to the consideration of any claim that The Company has been negligent, that written notice of the alleged act of negligence be given to The Company within seven days of such an act having occurred.
The Client is responsible for gaining ‘Party Wall’ agreements (details of ‘Party Wall’ agreements available on request). The Company shall not be liable for any damage or nuisance caused to neighbour’s property during the normal execution of the contract works. The Client is responsible for notifying, informing and agreeing with the neighbours the manner and sequence of work to be undertaken.
11. Arbitration: Should any other disagreement arise in connection with or outside of this contract the matters in dispute shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1950 or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof for the time being in force.
12. Invalidation: These conditions have effect in substitution for and to the exclusion of any conditions put forward by The Client. Should any term in this contract be held to be invalid such invalidation will not affect the validity of the remaining terms. This contract shall in all respects operate and be construed as an English contract and in conformity with English law which applies in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.